Friday, October 1, 2010

In Every Hour

When the Apostle Paul prayed to be relieved of his "thorn in the flesh," the Lord's answer was:  "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness," 2 Cor. 12:9.

This hymn invites the worshiper to approach our heavenly Father in prayer with any request, be it small or great.  The Lord's answer to the petitions which are brought through faith in Jesus is always to give "the grace my soul requires."

To listen to the melody of In Every Hour, click here.

In every hour, in every day,
   My God is always there.
He waits e'en now for me to pray,
  To tell Him all my care.

There is no problem, small or great,
  To which He won't give heed,
And even in my lowly state
  He grants me all I need.

When life's long battle seems so grim --
  It seems I've lost the fight --
I transfer all my griefs to Him
  And now the load is light.

So to my God I take all things,
  All troubles and desires,
And from His loving heart He brings
  The grace my soul requires.

No comments:

Post a Comment